Summer is officially here and even the weather in the UK is reflecting that at the moment.
While spring was a bit hit and miss when it came to weather, it was hard to reach for the pastel-hued nail polishes. However now the sun is out it means its time to put away those dark-hued polishes and reach for something a bit more fun!
I recently got my nails painted a beautiful pastel blue at my local nail salon to get myself in the summer spirit! While I absolutely love the shade I had to opt for regular polish over shellac. Which means being the clumsy thing that I am I had managed to mark my mani within a few days.
Not wanting to give up my baby blue talons I decided to give my polish an update with this super cute cloud look.
Here’s how to get the look yourself:
All you need to create this look for yourself is blue nail polish, a white nail art pen & a top coat (optional). If you don’t have a nail art pen you can use a cocktail stick/bobby pin & some regular white nail polish instead.
- Ok, so as always it’s best to start off with a clean base. Give yourself a mini mani and neaten up any edges on those nails! (If you’ve already painted your nails blue skip to step 3)
- Next up paint your base your desired shade of blue. I went for Essie’s Borrowed & Blue shade.
- Take your nail pen and start painting dots in a rough cloud shape. You don’t want to squeeze the pen too hard or else you’ll end up with a 3D shape that will take forever to dry.
- Now fill in any gaps. If you use a light hand, you should be able to use the polish from the dots you already created.
- Once you are happy with your cloud shape repeat in various different positions across your nail. I would suggest sticking to around 3/4 clouds per nail max unless you have some seriously long nails.
- Let your clouds dry and finish off with a clear top coat to give it some staying power!
Why not go all out by adding a little bird or kite to one of your nails? The sky is the limit!
Want to read more? Check out this cool graffiti nail art look…