One thing we’ve got a bit bored of is our mani though. Pastels are all cute but if you’re a nail art addict like me then you’ll want something a little different.
That’s why I’ve decided to share how to recreate this super simple graffiti look below!
Right, to start off this is what you’ll need. Now obviously they don’t have to be the exact same as ours, anything similar will do. It tends to work best (in our opinion) if you use pastel colours for the splotches, but then we’ve never really tried darker colours. We used Barry M Foil Effects 319, Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Prickly Pear GNP 6, Barry M Mint Green 304, Barry M Strawberry Ice Cream 309, Barry M Clear 54 & Seventeen Off the Wall Graffiti Nail Effects in Monochrome.
- First off paint your nails the silver colour as a basecoat. One coat will do if it’s not too opaque, we’re gonna be adding colours over the top so it doesn’t matter too much!
- Next, take your first colour (in this case Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Prickly Pear GNP 6) and paint little patches over your nails. Don’t go too mad, you still want to be able to see the silver and have room for the other colours. With this one, one coat should be bold enough, but if yours is a little thinner then feel free to add an extra coat.
- Repeat the step above with your other colours. Don’t worry about being neat, messy is good, make the splotches random and slightly overlapping of the other colours.
- Now, wait for the colours to dry and paint your graffiti topcoat over the top. You may want to do a coat or two depending on how striking you want the effect to be.
- Add the clear topcoat to set if you want and voilà you’re done!
Be sure to tweet @2BrunettesUK pics of your mani if you try this out, we’d love to see them!
Want to read more? Check out how to create these other Easy Nail Art Ideas…