So Halloween is approaching fast with only 4 days to go, meaning it’s totally acceptable to get excited for Christmas after this! For those of you who want to get in the mood though, we’ve put together a collection of Halloween themed nail art. The majority of these are pretty easy and can either be done using a nail art pen or brushes…
This looks great as either an accent to one or two nails or even across all your digits! We’ve used blue for the iris’ but why not mix it up by trying colours such as green, brown or even red!
- Start off by painting your nails black as a base & leaving until completely dry (this will help with the next step)
- Next position two french manicure tip guides in the center of your nails to make an almond shape & paint over with white nail polish
- Carefully remove these strips while the white nail polish is drying (you shouldn’t rip off any of the black if you left it to dry properly in step 1)
- For your iris draw a blue circle in the center of your almond. Remember if you draw too thick a circle is will take longer to dry!
- Finally draw a smaller dot in the center using your black polish and finish with top coat!
If you’re looking for something a bit brighter for your nails this Halloween, then this is the look for you! Why not mix up the expressions on each nail to add that extra something…
- Firstly paint your nails orange to make the base of your pumpkin
- Finely draw vertical lines with your red polish using a thin nail brush or nail art pen. (Use a light hand to make these as faint as possible)
- Next up draw two black triangles for your eyes
- For the mouth draw several black triangles in a line or if you’re struggling why not try an easier stitched line mouth?
- To finish, wait until its dry and cover with top coat!
Nothing screams Halloween more than a good old fashioned ghost. Like with the Evil Eye look, these are great on just one or two nails or as a full set!
- Begin by painting your nails with your white nail polish. (This may require a few coats to get a good base colour)
- At the base of your nails fill in a squiggle to make the bottom of your ghosts.
- Then add the eyes by using your black nail polish to make two small dots.
- Next draw a larger black oval for the mouth
- Wait until its dry and finish with a layer of top coat to help it last!
This blood drip nail art will definitely get you in the mood for Halloween! Feeling lazy? This looks just as good on a naked nail, so save yourself some drying time and skip the black base coat…
- Paint your black base coat and leave to dry
- Place your nail polish brush where you want your drip to finish and drag upwards towards the tips.
- Make sure your drips are connected by filling in the very top where needed.
- Finish off with a coat of top coat and you’re done!
These cute cats are a great look and can easily be kept after Halloween without looking too silly!
- Paint a large circle to the base of your nail
- Next draw small triangles for ears
- Draw two white dots for eyes
- Wait until its dry and cover with top coat
Still can’t decide what to wear this Halloween? Check out our Halloween Outfit Ideas post…